Reviewed: Black & Decker ASI500 12-Volt Cordless Air Station Inflator
Either looking for an emergency backup cordless tire pump or simply have a conveniently portable one, you might want to consider Black & Decker ASI500. It is a battery-operated tire pump that is equipped with a 12V battery that can be fully charged in just 4 to 5 hours. It is designed to inflate various equipment including air mattresses, athletic balls, rafts, pool toys, and of course tires. It also features a digital gauge in which you can set the pressure accuracy within +/-1 PSI. What makes it on top of the list is its capability to inflate four car tires with one fully charged battery.
- 12-Volt Cordless Air Station Inflator that is Easy-to-use with a quick connect hose and onboard accessory storage
- Has a compact design with dimensions of only 6 x 10 x 10 inches
- Works on a 12V car plug when battery is drained
- Battery does not last long as most people would have wanted
- Some of its parts are made from poor quality materials
- A little louder than most of the competitive products out there
What Do Customers Say in Reviews
It is not uncommon for a certain product to receive negative reviews. In fact, it is very common that not a single product is known to be flawless. With Black & Decker ASI500, it is mostly in regards to its battery life and is made of low tier materials. Save for these few mentioned, the compressor is highly appreciated for its good customer service, high-quality performance, and being portable. There is one thing, however, connecting both negative and positive feedbacks, the mention of its good design.
Regardless of what consumer reports say, it is still up to you to decide what the features you’re looking for are. You might want a durable and powerful model, simply a quiet one, or one that could be carried around with ease. If just wanted a working cordless tire pump, then you’re right on track.