TOP 5 Quiet Air Compressor Reviews: What Is the Quietest Air Compressor on the Market
Not so long ago, air compressors are known to be too loud and usually lead to the inconvenience of both the family and neighbors. With the advancement of its technology, we are now fortunate enough to experience a low noise air compressor. What’s more, there is an array of selection to choose from. To help you narrow down your options, we took the liberty of doing deep market research and reading relevant reviews to provide you a list of the best quiet air compressors.
Best 3 Quietest Air Compressors in 2019
DEWALT DWFP55130 Heavy Duty
- 3.0 SCFM delivered at 90 PSI pump, 2.5 gallon tank and 200 max PSI ; Pump Speed 2,300 rpm
- Durable oil Free pump provides extended maintenance Free operation
- Low 71.5 dB allows for quieter operation;High flow regulator for increased Performance
- Low 12 amp draw Motor provides Easy start up and reduces breaker tripping
- Lightweight (36 pounds), thin (12.5") and Compact Design is Easy to carry and store
Other features include an easy-start-up and an oil-free pump for better maintenance. It has a decent 12-amp draw that adds to prolonged life expectancy and help reduces breaker tipping. It is also is considered to produce a low noise level of 71.5 dB, in comparison to regular compressors that usually reaches 80 dB similar to the noise level of a dishwasher. Moreover, the product also is designed with high torque, making it able to start below at 0 degrees Fahrenheit and reach up to 50 feet using an extension cord. Overall, it is one of the best small quiet air compressors on the market.
Senco PC1010 Ultra Quiet Air Compressor
- Lightweight and portable--easy to carry from site to site as you work
- One horsepower peak ,1/2 horsepower runningand one-gallon capacity
- Ideal for a range of renovation and home improvement jobs, as well as for hobbies and crafts
- Delivers 20 to 44 drives per minute
- Backed by a one-year warranty
Looking for the best compressor for light tasks such as nailing, cleaning, painting, and inflating balls or tires? Consider the Senco PC1010 Air Compressor. This highly efficient indoor compressor packs enough power (125 PSI and 1 horsepower) to breeze through your household tasks with ease. As a brand, Senco has perfected its trade in the air compressor market for around 60 years – and they’ve built a reputation for creating amazing and high-quality products.
Wondering whether this compressor is ideal for your individual needs? Below are the key features that make the Senco PC1010 air compressor stand out:
Key Features of the Senco PC1010 Air Compressor
- Design: Air compressors come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. However, some more innovative and efficient than others – case in point – the PC1010’s hotdog design. The design is a much quieter and portable solution for household use.
- Noise Level (73 decibels): Let’s be honest for a minute: The typical noise level of air compressors is not within the tolerable range in household conditions – and it’s understandable since converting electricity into kinetic energy (pressurized air) is not a mean task. Luckily, the Senco PC1010 is designed to cancel out as much noise as possible. This includes a hotdog design, rubber feet, and other modifications to make the noise level ‘tolerable’.
- Tank Capacity: At a tank capacity of 1 gallon, the PC1010 treads on the lower side of air capacity. Depending on your usage and needs, you might be forced to refill the compressor frequently.
- Weight: Relax, you don’t have to break your back with the Senco PC1010. The air compressor weighs a meager 20 pounds, making it easy to carry around.
- Tank Pressure: With a maximum tank pressure of 120 PSI, the compressor is a good fit for low-pressure tools. The PC1010 also comes fitted with individual gauges to track different pressure levels.
- Pump Type: The Senco PC1010 features an oil-free pump, which is relatively easier to maintain.
- Safety Features: While air compressors are awesome and handy equipment, they can quickly become a health hazard if appropriate protective measures are not in place. The PC1010 has a safety relief valve to protect against relief pressure when the compressor exceeds biased levels. And when the amperage is over the limit, the compressor has a protective breaker to safeguard the motor. The Senco PC1010 also has a motor/pressure switch that ensures the pressure in the tank is lower than the preset limit (cut-in pressure) before the motor starts. When the cut-out pressure is reached, the switch automatically cuts the power.
So, is the Senco PC1010 air compressor the best fit for your household and light-weight uses? We’ll leave that decision up to you – our aim was to makes the purchase decision easier by dissecting the most notable features of the air compressor.
California Air Tools 2010A
- Ultra Quiet only 60 Decibels
- Oil-Free Pump for Less Maintenance & Costs
- 2.0 Gallon (Rust Free) Aluminum Tank
- Powerful 1.0 HP (Rated / Running) 2.0 HP (Peak) Motor
- 3.10 CFM at 40 PSI 2.20 CFM at 90 PSI
This low dB machine produces only 60 dB of noise and is operating at a powerful 1 HP motor. It can operate on a 3.10 CFM at 40 PSI and 2.20 CFM at 90 PSI. It is also decently portable at 35 pounds and dimensions of 18.5 x 14 x 13.5 inches. To make it more convenient, the 2-gallon tank is made of aluminum and runs on an Oil-free pump reducing your overall costs and maintenance. But you should take note that it is not as durable as customers have wanted it to be.
NEW Master Quiet Airbrush
- Professional long life cool running superior performance powerful 1/5 horse power single-piston airbrush air compressor with 2 built-in cooling fans, plus a large 3 liter air storage tank that allows constant air pressure and zero pusation. Includes Compressor Manual and Airbrush Resource Center Access Card.
- Designed for serious airbrushing, as the two cooling fans allow it to run much cooler for a longer continuous running time without overheating. Has a long duty cycle and the premium rotor windings that increase the lifespan of the compressor. Delivers a high air volume of 0.8 cfm and a high air flow of 25 ltrs/min.
- Provides precise air adjustment control and clean, dry air because of it's true diaphragm pressure regulator with gauge and it's water trap filter. Includes airbrush hose and holder for 2 airbrushes. Maintenance free, oil-less and super quiet operation (47 db).
- Portable, lightweight and compact compressor with a built-in carrying handle. Features an "air-on-demand system" that automatically shuts off air when not in use. It's preset for automatic turn off when air pressure reaches 57 psi and preset for automatic turn on at 43 psi.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: Buy with confidence, if you're not satisfied with this compressor at anytime within five years of purchase, we'll provide a refund or replacement.
This quiet airbrush compressor not only is affordable, but it also is conveniently portable with its lightweight of 11 pounds and dimensions of 13.2 x 12.9 x 6.2 inches. It produces a very low noise level of only 59 dB. It is powered by a 1/6 HP motor through electricity and is able to reach 60 PSI. According to its consumer reports, it has an overall 80% approval rating. The other 20%, unfortunately, has something to say, mainly about its durability. Good thing there’s a 2-year warranty to add to its credibility.
Eagle EA-2000 Silent Portable Air Compressor
- Ultra quiet operation
- Oil free double piston pump
- Low amp draw increases life expectancy by 4 times over the average compressor
- 1 gallon capacity
- .75 HP Peak 1 CFM @ 100 PSI and 125 PSI Max
The amazing thing about this small electric air compressor is its capability to produce only 44 decibels of the noise level. It is, in fact, the quietest air compressor among this list and Eagle EA-2000 is one of the best-rated air tools on the market. It is highly recommended if you’re planning on using it for small home projects. Not to mention, it only draws a very low 3.5 amps that would eventually prolong the life expectancy of the device. You should know, however, that it has a short power cord, making it troublesome at times. Also, it does not hold the pressure long enough when turned off. Overall, it is still a top-rated silent air compressor you can rely on.
What You Must Know Before Making a Final Purchase
While PSI’s, CFM’s, portability, durability and of course their best price are amongst the key factors to consider before making a buy, there are little things people often ignore that could improve one’s experience in using them. Don’t make the same mistakes a lot of people have done by being too hasty on their purchases. Below, you’ll see a list of features you should consider to avoid any future concerns.
Noise Factor – As you may well know, compressors can be too loud and next thing you know, you have angry neighbors at your doorstep. Take note however, there is a high chance that the lesser the noise, the lesser the power of the machine. Don’t fall for false advertisements that claim to not produce any kind of noise, because there will always be.
Power source – Either gasoline or electrically powered, one should take into account the possibilities of power-interruptions, or using it in places where electricity is out of reach.
Usage – Consider what tools you’ll need a compressor for. May it be a nail gun, air hammers, paint sprayers, or grinders. These tools require a certain pressure or air volume. If one of your tools requires 3 CFM at 90 PSI, you probably should get one that could provide at least 4.5 CFM at 90 PSI.
Accessories – While some compressors are being sold for just the product itself, others include other tools and/or accessories such as hose, nailers, and more. It’s always nice to have an added bonus to your investment.
Tank Capacity – You probably don’t know this yet, but you can increase the storage capacity of your tanks by purchasing auxiliary air tanks. It would be a great upgrade if you could prolong the pressure a little more.
Brand – This may sound a little bit biased on some of the lesser known companies, but well-known brands have been on top a reason it can provide credibility over their countless competitors.
To summarize, you’ll need to know more about air compressors to avoid wasting your money on equipment that can’t handle your needs. Read a few customer reviews here and there to get an idea about a certain product. Good luck and may you have a lot of successful compressions.
Dewalt vs. California Air Tools
These giants have been in competition for the best silent air compressors for years now, and while they do have their similarities, they also have their own differences. Dewalt may hold a bigger name than California Air Tools, but that’s because the former is not only manufacturing compressors but different kinds of power tools as well. California Air Tools, however, specializes in tools that require air. By doing a lot of research, we provide you the basic differences between these two big-named brands.
Noise Factor – Labeled as quiet or low noise compressors, California Air Tools take the lead with their very low noise producing products that normally goes around 60 decibels. Dewalt comes close but not close enough to call it a tie with their normal 70’ish decibels.
Selection – As stated earlier, Dewalt is not focused on just their air compressors and thus provide much fewer selections. California Air Tools have been providing its users more and more products each year. Depending on the usage, you’ll definitely find a good quality product worthy of your needs.
Performance – These two brands have little to no difference performance wise. They both are able to operate as intended, with only the common minor issues that can easily be fixed.
Portability – Not really an issue since both offer compact air compressors. In fact, it really comes down to only a few pounds of weight differences. Dewalt usually being the heavier one in comparison to their counterparts.
It all comes down to your preferences. Just like apples and oranges, they are similar in a way. They both have good reviews and good rating. With Dewalt, you probably are getting a sturdier product, which is one thing they are known for. California Air tools on the other hand; you’ll be getting a more thought-out product since it is their specialty for more than a decade.
Rate our review:
Last update on 2020-01-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API