What is the Best Portable Air Compressor: Top 3 Reviews
Portable air compressors are used to perform simple to complex activities in auto mechanics and construction while performing in domestic activities. The amount of compressed air that it can supply determines the effectiveness and extent to which a portable air compressor can be used. They have some desirable features that make them suitable for their use. These include a compressing system (either piston impeller or vane) and a power source (electric motor or diesel engine). They can be carried from place to place and has handles and wheels for easier transportation. Various activities performed by these small compressors include powering nail guns, drills, sanders and staplers. Below are examples of the highest-rated air compressors:
DEWALT DWFP55130 Heavy Duty 200 PSI Portable Compressor
This is a high-performance compressor with a maximum of 200Psi and a 2.5 gallon tank. It is able to perform multiple tasks because of its quick recovery time and high power. The model DWFP55130 is comfortable and simple to carry, courtesy of a highly effective roll cage design. Other features include a ball drain valve and a cord wrap.
- It provides a continuous supply of compressed air as it starts to recharge at 165 PSI.
- It can be effectively used indoors because of a low level of noise production.
- It has a slight horizontal orientation for a low COG.
- Build lower pressure after continued use
- Cannot be used for heavy applications that require a lot of pressure.
Makita MAC2400 Air Compressor
The MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP is a comparatively lightweight compressor with a cast iron pump with a high performance. With a large tank that can hold up to 4.2 gallons, provides a maximum of 130 PSI. It is perfect for impact wrench and provides maximum pressure after a minimal exertion.
It operates at a cooler temperature and this makes it non-vulnerable to damage. A maximum of 79 decibels of air to ensure it is quiet enough for both outdoor and indoor use.
- Has a large quantity of air intake.
- Silent enough thus creating no disturbances
- Capacity of 1720 RPM
- A weight of 81 pounds is a lot for many people
Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor
It is a simple to maintain compressor as is it requires no oil. Well-positioned gauges make it simple to read the pressure levels, thus ideal for controlled operations. The Hausfeld FP209499AV is ideal for garage use in inflating tires and other activities such as brad nailing, airbrushing and stapling.
It has an engine level of 120v and this makes it suitable for use in cold places without the need of extra wires. The engine gives a proficient operation because of its cooler engine.
- It is lightweight and simple to carry.
- Usable in frosted conditions
- It has pistons within the tank for minimizing pulses
- Direct connection of the horse to the unit is not favorable to many users
The above products are among the best portable air compressors on the market. It is advisable to review each one before buying. Many consumers who bought them from different sellers have left behind positive customer reviews, removing any doubts about the products. They are worth every penny, as they give best performances.